Friday 27 May 2011

fine art degree show 2011, Scarborough North yorkshire

...just a few photos of tonites Fine art degree show in Scarborough north yorkshire. I was blown away by how professional and amazing the work was, really got me worried as this time next year it will be me standing there talking and sharing with everyone!

this years graduates were Yvonne Sanders, Carmen Mills, Nicola Franklin, Stef MItchell, Diann Atkin, Nicola D. Mitchell, Sharon Britton, Lauren L.Ward, Di Malcolmson and Jean Harlow. Most of the artists have websites in their own name so its well worth taking a peek at their work....

...here's just a few photos of some of the work...have to upload from my other camera for the rest...hope you are as impressed as I was

Diann Atkin
quote from her exhibition blurb...

                 "The crochet hook has become my own personal pencil and it has allowed me to draw and walk my way through my own life"

you can contact Diann at    www.diannatkin.co.uk




                      Diann Atkins, simple,really effective and exceptionally clever .

Jean Harlow aims to embed recent discoveries from the field of quantum science and cosmology into her artistic practice.


...only a few photos as the whole exhibition was totally heaving!

Di Malcomson's work was fantastic too...I really loved the use of textiles, yup fancy that! the shredded canvas escaping from the frame worked really well and her brilliant and ingenious use of household paint, nice one Di
 Nichola D. Mitchell's clever collages looked great as she states...."the "puzzle" unfolds where similar shapes and shadows mingle together. A strange beauty emerges from an eclectic mix of objects and images"
     
....the work was fantastically presented and really looked impressive, well done everyone who worked so hard  we really appreciated the evening and loved seeing everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment