Sunday 22 May 2011

pointillism



Pointillism is notably associated as a form of art  in which the use of tiny  dots is used to generate a picture or image. This can be shown in various mediums, monotone, or colour. 

I doodle using dots and often take it that step further and produce images, but only using black ink. I have tried using colour and found the whole experience way , way too difficult. I love the tones that I produce simply by using one colour, mainly black on white.


File:Georges Seurat - Un dimanche après-midi à l'Île de la Grande Jatte v2.jpeg
"A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte1884-1886
Georges Seurat 

Pointillism technique is often mentioned within the Neo-impressionism art movement of the 1880's because it was the dominant technique used by artists such as  Georges Seurat. A great example of this was "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte 

My work is less complete, often just snippets of images although I did re-create my parents barn (before they converted it!) using  pointillism as my main technique.
                                          ...... here it is  plus a few extras...



small section of old barn showing shadow on the wall where cow dung had been built up! nice!

old favourite of parents dogs waiting for the command to go and fetch,
fond memories of Teal, Jess and Misty!

...oh to have such perfect eyebrows!

...this is also an old gem of my husband and his brother from when they were in a band!


...this sample is because I'am thinking of studying pebbles for my last year at Uni, might try some more...


No comments:

Post a Comment