Thursday 9 June 2011

..as promised some more degree show photos.

As promised some more Fine Art  Degree show photos from Westwood campus for this year. I can't believe how packed the Friday evening was....you could barely move. Everyone there was soooo supportive of the students , it was really lovely to see....

these are some of Carmen Mill's exhibition space pieces....this piece was made of  3 sections -  possibly about 5 meters long, in a wave formation, undulation contours just like the land with layered markings.....very clever and very effective...

...I took some photos of her small sketches that I really liked in black ink but they sadly didn't turn out, however, I managed to save the rest of the photos thankfully!... here is some more of her work...I love the way she uses earthy colours in various hues along with lines, patterns and shapes....



...I must confess I sneaked in after the exhibition had finished and took some more photos as my first ones were rubbish....well not rubbish there were too many people around to photograph the work properly!


Lauren Ward's work was also still there so I took some better pictures of her work too! my favourite  is this one....I find myself trying to recognise shapes and images from within the composition!

...and this one is approx 2 m wide and had its own little section!...


Its clever how the direction and layers of the materials is constantly changing.
Anyway hope you enjoyed the extended preview?

No comments:

Post a Comment