Monday 20 June 2011

getting rusty!

so after a week of feeling I must get on I have finally started doing just that!
I thought I should try and recapture the rust in oil paints as my husband went and bought me a lovely present of a selection of oil paints....he did make me laugh when he told me he had bought the basic colours...I said the primary ones he said yes although he struggled to remember them all?....so he proudly  recited the poem "Richard of York...." it did make me laugh when I saw the rainbow of colours he had bought me in both normal and fast drying oils!....It's just lovely to be bought such a thoughtful and much needed gift, thanks Mr Mainprize.....




so ....I tried to roughly capture the essence of the marks and tones.....I think I might have to practice mixing the colours a bit better, it has been a while since I've used oils but I thoroughly enjoyed using the pallet knife again...anyway here a couple of attempts...


I must be honest and say how hard I found it to get the texture....I'am going to try using acrylics with some modelling paste and see how that goes....but I had to have a go using my trusty sewing machine...I printed the image onto some canvas and have just started to embroider onto it, I've also cut out layers for another piece so will post them later in the week....


...so far this is my favourite and I've only just started it!
...anyway...
I'll keep at it and see how they pan out....

happy blogging x

No comments:

Post a Comment