Thursday 14 July 2011

.....bright colours for a bright morning!'

...out and about early this morning....
I think the walking is actually doing some good too! so walking along the Northside about 8.30am and the suns trying to come out, its nice and quiet the beach is almost deserted.....well almost...I had that "Marley & Me" moment when I saw a dog running loose on the beach preparing to relieve itself....nnnnnooooooooooo!!!! there's a beach ban on dogs from May to October  on this part of the beach - not even on a lead! - and there's this giant of a St Bernard lolloping along the beach thoroughly enjoying itself! ....My dog would be gutted to know other dogs are still running free and enjoying themselves!!!**

....so the chalets were looking good this morning, what do you think?...




....the only problem is that although they are cheerful a bit further down on my walk I came across the old mechanism for the cable car system....they've been there for years but the cable chairs went decades ago, however... the steel structure that would have held the cable for some strange reason still remains....and the rust on the main cog was fantastic!...

...this is the huge wheel that used to be at the end of the cable ride...

...the old once bright and smooth red paint now gnarled, peeled and faded against the flaky, mottled rust is just wonderful...the textures, shapes, layers and colours  together are really quite vibrant in parts  considering there age! 







...this one is my favourite...I really love the deep rust colours against the  faded paint...the holes give it another dimension, might have a go at re-creating this on. 


...I forgot to say I've finished another 2 of my rust pictures...will put the finished results on the blog after the weekend.. bye

No comments:

Post a Comment