Saturday 2 July 2011

The QR-3D Project...

...there are a few ways of trying to get your  business, website etc recognised so...as I am trying to set up my own business, ok...test the waters as an Artist!..I stumbled across this competition to use textiles - one of my passions - and thought I'd share it with you all...


The QR-3D Project
“Make, share and exhibit textile QR codes”
www.qr-3d.weebly.com

QR-3D  is an invitation to anyone, anywhere in the world to make, share and have the chance to exhibit a textile QR code.

QR codes are traditionally a two-dimensional device used by barcode readers and camera phones consisting of smaller black squares on a larger square white background. The information contained within usually direct code readers to a website, but can also be used to hide text messages or other information.

After seeing a QR code for the first time, curator Sally Fort was instantly struck by how similar it looked to a knitting pattern graph or a patchwork quilt. This inspired the project inviting makers across the world to combine QR codes and textiles.

The project is open to everyone, people who make for fun or professionally. To get involved visit
www.qr-3d.weebly.com  Simply choose your website, turn it into a QR code (instructions are provided on the website) and recreate it with textiles. Then add it to the online gallery by July 31st. Full details of how to do this are on the website. A guest panel of craft and digital professionals will choose pieces from the online gallery to go into the exhibition held at Cornerhouse, Manchester, UK, in autumn 2011.

...I have created my QR code of my "to be" website and I'am off to create!....enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment