Tuesday 19 July 2011

techno....I am not!...but Bronte grave still looks great!

There are somethings better left to the professionals....


...I have managed to do so much with my web and blog pages on my own but  I really seem to get stuck when it comes to RSS feeds and attaching widget thingys to Http and the likes!!! I think I am going to call in the pro's!....
....however I did sign up for "TweetDeck" today to try and make things  - as in my social networking -  more manageable....I now have to sit and figure out.....                                                                                               a. if I am doing it right      b. does it work       c. do I like it?      d. ................!
....that means more time sat in front of the computer and not in my art studio....not good really!


But on the plus side I did venture out today...and got totally drenched!!! what is going on with the weather at the moment? so while faffing with the computer I thought I'd upload the photos I took on Thursday ...the last day I managed to get out for a walk and did a spot of  sight seeing.....
loving the colours, texture and shapes ....but not the smell or the flies!


...how big was this dog...the paw prints were massive!
...along marine drive and then up over the castle and just to show you i even took a picture of  Anne   Bronte's grave...just so I could get my breath back after the long climb up hill past the castle.....

The first three novels  by the three Bronte sister's were Charlotte's 'The Professor', Emily's 'Wuthering Heights' and Anne's 'Agnes Grey'. Charlotte also then went on to write  'Jane Eyre' ....Annes next book The Tenant of Wildfell Hall was released as three volumes in 1848. It followed a character named Helen, and her struggle to gain freedom from her alcoholic husband, Huntingdon. Her brother, Branwell, and his disintegration into alcoholism provided the basis of the character. 
Although  her style if writing was more conservative writer than her sisters, her work attracted controversy. Alcoholism was apparently not an appropriate issue for women to deal with or write about!  also Helen - the main character's -  struggle for freedom, although reflecting Anne’s own feelings towards Haworth, may have given other women ideas  that men would definitely not want to encourage!

You can find this grave at the northern end of St Mary's churchyard, Scarborough beneath the wall. 
                           
                                                                ....Well worth a visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment