Sunday 15 January 2012

...where does the time go?

...another week over another weekend sped by and I seem to be consumed with ideas....I'll have to save them tho' as I have a critique with my lecturers on Wednesday and need to get some sort of organisation going with my collection of sketch books and research folders...

...I decided to put all my research together and make a sort of folder to house them all...

...I just have to add some text to my sketch books and put my work up and then thats it....time to create for our final exhibition....thats if the lecturers like my stuff!!

Yesterday we (Hubby and I) went for a stroll along the beach...our crazy dog as giddy as ever!...all to find some more pebbles with holes in and a couple of marble size pebbles.....I didn't really find any that I liked but enjoyed the walk and the company...the dog was pooped by the time we got home tho'!

I finished one more of my assemblage boxes....a tea caddy...."To the rescue", it's my smallest yet...(22cm x 20cm)

I like the way when the doors open it's reflected in the glass...
almost like it would be on the sea!
...I am also working on a sand tray...
its been quite interesting trying to find out how to put things inside without them being destroyed by the sand!....another problem I had was...well...er...I thought I'd try and bake the wooden frames just like Joseph Cornell did....to try and age and add character to the box....the problem was I had sealed the edges with decorators filler to stop the sand escaping...mmmm big mistake!

...however....
I have found that decorators filler rises as good as my Jamie Oliver Yorkshire pudding recipe!....but definitely doesn't smell as good!...I did decided to keep some of the smaller bubbles that blew up from the paint but decided against the mountain that had grown in one corner!... 
baked assemblage box!

start of ideas and components...
 I have added a compass needle
 but it keeps popping off if shaken tooooo vigorously, i really want to keep it in so might have to make it possible to lift the lid of the tray....just in case!
A piece of found pottery from a friend fits inside a worn shell...
kinda resembles a fish  eye to me!
trying out how to hide the sand...it can go behind the mermaid
or the crescent ...
anyway another day of studio work tomorrow, putting work up for the dreaded critique, so I'll sign off now...
...its still a working progress but I'll let you see it when it's finished...
but to see how a good sand box looks here's a few of Cornell's...




Recommended reading!
 happy reading, bye

No comments:

Post a Comment