Sunday 19 February 2012

Sunday sweet Sunday...

I feel like a Domestic Goddess today...
.....A normal Sunday in the Mainprize household is a rare event and one to be cherished!
After weeks of filling in forms, Uni and business plans I have had a day off!
so I thought I'd map out today in an earlier than usual blog!...

sleep in 'til just before 8am....bliss... then a sneak into the studio to try adding some other elements to my new painting - its about 1.5m x 1m and is purely marks taken from a rock, but very close up...
My studios a nit compact and bijou so I have to
be creative when painting horizontally!

this is how it started...acrylic inks on canvas
now with some extra weight...
....it's not finished yet and I'm not sure if I like the grey acrylic paint....but I'll persevere...

....next we, that is me and Hubby took keah our manic pooch for a walk on the beach in Scarborough - Northside ....it was very busy with fellow dog's and their walkers....Keah found an interesting item on the beach... 
....at least there was no body....
a massive fear I have when out walking!
Any way the dog stank of seaweed and was wearing a winter coat of sand so after a lovely shower she is now sporting a shiny, yet rather fluffy look...
showing off her de-stuffed toy!
I even managed to peel away my thread pebbles testers to see if they look anything like the image I had in my head!...I wanted to capture just the thread like marks that you often see on pebbles, and as I have incorporated thread in a lot of my ink pebbles I wanted to display something akin to pebbles in my assemblage boxes...some look ok ....the top one does remind me of a fur ball tho'!!!
Paige has been making a skirt for a school project, her first attempt was a gathered circular short  black, double layered chiffon creation!!!.... after she had finished it and was writing her evaluation....I mentioned that maybe she could have started off making something a little less complicated with more manageable fabric!...I fear it fell on deaf ears, I think she enjoyed making it yesterday, but was glad to get it finished today!
David Chalmers set up




 I was lucky enough to get some help from a photographer called David Chalmers who shared some technical advice on how to take good quality macro photos of my pebbles, He took a load of photos for me and also showed me how effective tubes can be when added to you lenses in magnifying the subject even further. I have ordered some so watch this space!
Kevin had a go with one of his huge lenses and got some pretty good results so really I have no excuse now!
Must be honest, I loved working in the photography studio, so clean and clear...I'm really looking forward to David's solo exhibition this September at Woodend Gallery I got a sneak peek at his ingenious model of the gallery and how he was considering displaying his work and one of his carbon photos, just loved it....
Kevin's first attempt!
Connor would describe these as a snack!
I even managed to small yet productive baking session, much to everyones delight....what was once  a weekend tradition that was devoured within 24 hours....made a brief return...

We even managed to go along to a local gallery - tea room Coast to see a new exhibition. I can't find a website but here's their facebook page!

so, cleaned the conservatory floor, done the washing and some ironing! Sunday tea is cooking nicely and I feel the call of a Bacardi and coke to sip at while enjoying a few hours of well earned rest!



...... lastly.....
I want to share an advert that will be going out from tomorrow, its the new Cancer research advert for Yorkshire, my Dad's photo is amongst one of the many you can see, If it can help raise awareness and much needed funds, even £5....then it's worth it...

happy reading and enjoy....bye


No comments:

Post a Comment