Tuesday 24 April 2012

silent auction exhibition....



just thought I'd share some photos I took of the gallery today.....work avoidance!....I've been a tad grumpy today and I feel like I've been rude to fellow students and feel really bad, it's bothered me all day.....the stress is getting to me...aarrggghhhhh

....so I took some photos of the exhibition as I have no idea how to put the auction catalogue onto the blog or website!...
Selection of art in Silent Auction Exhibition
close ups!...
more artwork in Silent Auction Exhibition
....and some more....
"Flash" Kane Cunningham - Lecturer
Mono prints - Andy Black - Lecturer 
Debbie Bell - Lecturer
Steve Whitehead - Lecturer
....the auction finishes on Friday 27th April, short but sweet....hopefully making a bit of money and more importantly showcasing some new and emerging artists in the process.

...I took the opportunity of photographing the gallery...I might point out that I did actually do some work today....just not a lot!...
view of inside Laine & Co from the front window!
view from my workstation!...
('scuse the attractive apron!)

 ...I'm starting to settle into my studio...I've bought some thermal vests and thicker socks...I can't work if I'm cold, it's not like I'm moving about all the time....and I've brought a load more stuff but....I think I may need some shelves putting up soon!


I was also really pleased to hear that one of my fellow students has just started a blog.....Wendy Havelock's art is just beautiful....I have to confess I'm going to bid on a piece of her work....sssshhhh...like her, her work is calming and gentile I always feel mellow when I look at her work ....

So if your in the area, call in...after today when I had 6 visitors having a chat and a cuppa, I've realised I might have to buy some more cups!....and some comfy chairs for in the studio

happy reading and maybe see you soon, bye





No comments:

Post a Comment